Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wine and Griffons





I went to my first Brussels Griffon Meet Up group at a winery in Ramona. I made Matt go with me although I think deep down he was very intrigued to see what this event was all about. When I first met Matt he asked me if a Brussels Griffon was a mythical half-lion, half-eagle creature from Belgium. So, for him to be hanging out with these mythical creatures was a magical adventure. I had contacted the president of the group prior to going to see if Diego could tag along, him being a non-griff and all. The president responded by saying that any friend or family member of a griff was part of the griff family so Diego was welcomed with open arms. On a side note- I just recently moved out and have chosen the life of a gypsy. We can discuss this at a later date but had to throw it in so that you could comprehend how much stuff was packed and piled in the backseat of my car while driving to Ramona. We were headed to my parent’s house after so that I could unload most of it into my old room. Diego was in the backseat standing on top of all of my clothes and hangers while Oscar was sitting on Matt’s lap in the passenger seat. We got to Ramona and as soon as I saw the sign for the winery I immediately regretted my decision to participate in this event. I tried backing out and driving past but Matt reminded me that I was weird and had been counting down until this day.He was right so I pulled on in down the dirt road. We saw a bunch of people standing around and I could see the little ewoks sniffing around. We walked over and they were all very welcoming. All the dogs sniffed eachother’s butts and made friends. My favorite part of the whole event was overhearing Matt talk to the president and another lady about how ‘Oscar is very independent at times and you just can’t get Diego to leave Kandi's side”. I don’t know why but it just cracked me up because here we are at a Brussels Griffon Meet Up group and probably the only thing we have in common with these people is that we think 'it's so ugly it's cute' is the greatest thing in the world and poor Matt was just trying his hardest to keep the conversation going by talking about his step children’s behavior. The wine tasting was great although I still stand by my opinion that dessert wine is the most disgusting. I ate the chocolate chips that accompanied the dessert wine and then had Matt find a way to dispose of the cough syrup substance called ‘wine’ that remained in my glass. The dogs had a blast although towards the end Oscar was getting gang banged and really wanted to leave. Matt and I both agreed it was time well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment